This chart shows the plugin load times for each of the plugins that were activated on the home page.
- This doesn’t include the subset of Top 12 plugins that I activated to make the site slower.
- 4 plugins stand out for additional comment
- _oik-bwtrace-mu is the plugin that enables these figures to be gathered. It starts up tracing, which takes longer when tracing at DEBUG level.
- google-site-kit – don’t know what this is doing!
- sg-cachepress is SiteGround’s optimizer plugin. It needs to get ready to cache pages so they can be served quickly to the next visitor
- nextgen-gallery – now you know why I don’t use it.